We need a miracle. Really. A miracle. We have one more ‘hale mary’ meeting on Monday and then I will need to decide what happens to my kids. The probability is that they won’t be coming home with me. I can’t believe I’m writing these words. I can’t believe any of this.
I’m asking everyone out there who prays to pray for our kids. They are caught in the legal limbo of not being ours or their biological mother’s anymore. There is a good probability that a large portion of our adoption will need to be re-done, if that is even possible.
I am here with two other super moms. Two other absolutely dynamite women, the only people who have fought along side me every single step of the way. The two that will ride home with me, alone, if we should fail. I wish the five little voices on the phone line every night understood why they might not ever meet their new brother and sister. I wish the two that are snoring softly next to me didn’t have to watch me cry outside the embassy, in the cab, in front of the Social Welfare building and basically very other second of the day. I wish they weren’t so scared. I wish they hadn’t just began to call me “mom” today.
If anyone has any advice, please let me know. We’re taking all suggestions to heart now. Otherwise, please pray for the FullPlateFamily, the Busath Family and the Martin Family. We would like to go home now, together.
who feels like one more ‘hale mary’ might be one more than she can bear.