We’re totally stuck. Immigration isn’t moving AT ALL on Poppy’s paperwork, it’s still stuck in some sort of mailroom limbo. We’re assured it will be approved as soon as it does make it to her desk, but no one can tell me quite when that will be.
In the interim, our adoption agency got an email from Poppy’s foster home telling me to consider what I’ll do if her tumor “ruptures” while she is with me in China, or if it happens on the plane ride home. I’m supposed to have an emergency plan.
What would I do? I have no earthly clue. How do you make a plan for care while in a foreign country or while flying across the ocean? Honestly, I never even considered these things with Dolly. There was nothing I could have done. It seems backwards that this is MORE stressful to me then Dolly’s situation, but it is. If something goes wrong for Poppy, it could have been prevented. I am eaten up by all the wasted time and the missed opportunities for her.
I keep getting messages telling me that I’m doing my best, and to let come what may. I love the people who send those messages, but right now, I’m in a place where I hate that has to be the message. My hands are tied. I’m totally powerless. And folks, I’m pissed. I emailed our U.S. Senator today. Tomorrow I will call her office. The day after that I will call my Congressman.
We’re not going down without a fight. This picture is from awhile ago, but our girl, she looks tough. I’m going to keep holding on to that.
–FullPlateMom, who wants her I800 approval…NOW!