And Then She Became Ours.

I’d like to start this with a rocking shout out to my dad for being my photographer for the day, and to Responsiboy for being our videographer.  And then to the both of them for spending the next four hours driving all around attempting to change money and do all the other things adoption requires.

In a crowded room on a rainy day in Henan, the girl we have all been waiting for finally appeared.  So much joy…Meeting Poppy-2

Meeting Poppy-1

Meeting PoppyAnd so much pain…

Meeting Poppy-3There’s a certain broken-heartedness to signing these papers.

Meeting Poppy-4Even though they mean she’s ours.

Meeting Poppy-5Her birth family isn’t far from my heart in this moment.  If only they could know…

Meeting Poppy-6Just how adored she already is.

Meeting Poppy-7

–FullPlateMom, whose home, and heart, just got a little more full.

11 Comments Add yours

1. Marjorie says:

cried my way through this post. beautiful. I’m so happy for you.

2. Charlotte says:

I’ve been following Poppy’s story all the way and it brings tears to finally see her in her mummy’s arms what a journey you’ve been on.

3. Jo Moseley says:

SO, so happy to see that Precious Daughter in her Mama’s arms! Praying for her heart…and yours. And, for haste in all of the paper work. Also Praying for pain control in your sweet Baby Girl.
    Hugs, Jo

4. sasha says:

So excited for you! We are adopting a little boy from Henan. He is at the Pingdingshan swi location. Praying for you as you bring your sweet daughter home!

5. Julie says:

Congratulations. I have imagined this day for you many times, I can’t imagine how much you thought about it too. And now you have her! So very happy for you.

6. Sarah says:

She’s going to bloom with all the love your family has for her. I’m praying for her grief as she leaves the home she knows and for your sadness in watching her grieve. Here’s to a lifetime of love (raises coffee cup!)

7. Shannon says:

The bitter and the sweet all wrapped up together. This is adoption. Thanks for sharing your story.

8. Shelley S says:

What a BEAUTIFUL story in photos! I, too, can relate to all of those emotions — the heartache, the joy, the pain, the instant love. Thanks for sharing these special moments with the world! -Shelley

9. Jen says:

I remember this when you first posted and it got me crying for the second time today. Such beautiful moments captured. Her transformation has been amazing.

10. Mama Bear says:

You said so much with so few words. Lovely, thanks for sharing!

11. Erin says:

I teared up reading your daughter’s beautiful story and seeing these pictures. Thank you so much for sharing it!